Monday 29 April 2013

Even At Our Worst We're Still Better Than Most.

Obviously, the vehicle that sits comfortably atop the pile of glory that is Worst Car Ever is my ex-magna. Una pieza de mierda que I sincerely hope is rotting somewhere. Seriously, fine readers, heed my advice. Do not buy a car off a dude in Penrith with a weird hook-finger. It will only bring you sorrow, suffering and extreme poverty. Every day your man here was all like “¡Esta weĆ” no funciona, vete a la mierda!”

Actually, that mid-nineties era of Magnas are kinda all like, wow. Or maybe that's just my experience. CONFIRMATION BIAS.

A friend once had an old, possibly built in the 70's, I really don't know, Renault. Eat my embedded sentences YEAH! It was pretty suck. It would forget about the whole handbrake/park thang from time to time and he would return to find it gently resting on whatever happened to be downhill from wherever it was he had decided to park. Awesome. To be fair doe, that car was merely old and cannot be held entirely to blame for what are essentially little more than the charms and quirks of a well-aged machine.

No, no, if we are truly talking 'Worst Car' it's not fair to pick on one that did all that was required of it until eventually, it collapsed in upon itself. Rather, we must acknowledge these monumental clusterfucks that get produced and suck from day zero. These vehicles that somehow manage to slip through R&D, trials, prototypes, taste, logic 'n all dat. Our very own creations that slide on out the other side of a production line as some sort of obnoxious, in-yo-face monstrosity of design, motoring and human achievement. Something like, well, here's the thing. I don't know. Sure I could google and pretend like I know. But I'm an honest man, man. My heart wouldn't be in it. Sure, I could rant about a certain Pontiac Aztec or that one Pinto but I don't really know what I'm talking about.

What I do know though, is that this blog entry is going to leave you with similar feels to those provided by a shitty car. Sure, it fills a need and there is a fair-to-good chance it will get you where you need to be but you cannot help but feel disappointed, frustrated, cheated and a little uglier for being associated with it.

For that I am sorry.






Not really.


My reviews are so average they aren't even really reviews.

Video unrelated:


Word.

-anxzibitinyoxzibit

No comments:

Post a Comment